- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- Diced green, yellow, or red pepper
- A few pieces turkey bacon (cooks beautifully in a 350 degree oven for 10 minutes)
- 3 eggs
- Cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 TBS hand shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Cook the onion and pepper in a tsp olive oil until soft. Add the eggs, a TBS water (to make them fluffy), tomatoes, cheese, and s and p. Scramble the eggs up and transfer to a warmed up tortilla. Add a piece of bacon and roll up.
This is a nice meal for a weekend breakfast or brunch time, as we usually have a bit more time in the mornings. The protein will keep you full and satisfied. Feel free to substitute egg whites. I prefer whole eggs, but you can lower the cholesterol content by getting rid of the yolks.