We eat a lot of eggs in our house! They are such a great source of protein, and such a great way to start the day. Towards the end of 2014, I asked my Facebook friends for some recipe suggestions to jazz things up a bit. And boy did they deliver! I’ve started using a lot of these in my kitchen. How do you prepare your eggs? What recipes do you have to add to this list? Simple Additions:
Crushed red pepper
Pico de gallo
- Salsa, cheese, ham, onions, peppers, tomatoes, cottage cheese, mushroom...pretty much any veggie
- Spinach, veggies, and a little cheese
- Saute onions, green pepper and celery; add a can of petite diced tomatoes. When hot, drop in eggs to poach in the veggies until done
- Herbs, English muffin or whole wheat toast
- Baked zucchini, onion, and feta
- Tomatoes, basil, and mozzarella
- Egg "muffins": mix up your eggs with whatever mixins (sauteed mushrooms, onions, peppers, etc, whatever precooked meat, ham, bacon, sausage, whatever and of course add some cheese!) Then put in muffin tins and bake.
- When scrambled eggs are partially set, toss in a big bunch of baby spinach, some slivers of thin sliced prosciutto and a tiny pinch of red pepper flakes. Garnish with freshly grated real parmesan cheese.
- Sweet potato hash (http://pinterest.com/pin/168744317258056225/)
- Shakshuka (http://toriavey.com/.../summer-2010-travel-blog-shakshuka/)