Hi Ladies! I was able to head out of town last weekend and I got some new workout digs, and that inspired me to share my FAVORITE workout apparel by brand and type with you. I think feeling cute in your workout clothing is SO important, and before you think I'm just being shallow, hear me out. Have you heard the phrase "dress for success"? Well, it's totally the same in fitness. If I throw on an old t-shirt and some baggy sweatpants I am MUCH less motivated to give my full effort in my workout, or even complete a workout, than if I have on a fitted outfit that I'm confident in. Think about how you feel when you give a presentation; aren't you much more confident when you dress up a bit? I know I am. So that you have a point of reference, my workout clothes need to work for strength training, mind-body workouts (i.e. yoga), and cardio too. So I have a little bit of everything when it comes to fit, coverage, and breathability. Here are some of my favorites:
- Victoria's Secret Sport: I LOVE their sports bras. You can get moderate to full coverage, and they go anywhere from lightly lined (my personal fav) to padded. There are loads of fun patterns and strap arrangements. They also have fun tank tops with cutesy sayings like "Crunch before brunch" or "I'll meet you at the barbells." And for lighter impact workouts, their pants are super cute too! With their frequent sales you can get an entirenew outfit (pants, shirt, and sportsbra) for around $50! That's a steal!
- Nike: Well, their shoes are just awesome, but we already know that. I'm also a big fan of the pro shorts and capris by Nike. They are thin, so you don't get too hot, but not so thin that cellulite shows, haha. They hold you in and pair really nicely with a looser fitting top. Nike also has some great V sports bras that are lightly lined, and offer full coverage for the smaller chested girls. These work well for shirts that are a bit lower in front.
- LuLuLemon: Ahhhh, to shop at LuLu is an experience! I only have a few things from LuLu, but they are my favorite pieces of workout apparel. They are SUPER expensive, but have been worth EVERY penny. The quality is superb and they are designed to perform AND make us look good! My favorite thing to buy there are the workout pants. They hold you in, let you breathe, and you can conquer the world in these pants. Every pair I've bought from their becomes my new BFF.
- Reebok: I love their leggings! The patterns are super fun and the material is smooth and silky. My graffiti leggings from Reebok get the most comments! I have a little trouble getting the sizing right at Reebok, though, as some things fit big and some things seem to fit super small (these would fit my 7 year old...?)
- Under Armour: I'm adding this one for my husband! This is his favorite brand for shirts, athletic shorts, and warm-up pants. But ladies, I love it too! I have a pair of UA shorts that have held up for years and are super flattering, as well as a few really cute and unique tank tops. They have upped their fashion game lately, and it's showing! But expect to spend $40-$60 on a pair of shorts or pants.
If you are starting a new fitness regimen this year, or just recommitting, do yourself a favor and buy a new outfit that you feel confident in when you hit the gym (or even your basement!). It really does help to dress the part. I'd love to hear some of your personal favorites, too!! Comment below and let me know what they are!