This squash soup is sure to be a hit with the whole family, plus, its a great meal to prep on Sunday for anytime during the week! Ingredients:
- pre-cubed butternut squash
- olive oil
- chicken broth
- vegetable broth
- 1 tsp. pure maple syrup
- 3/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- Use pre-cubed butternut squash from the produce department, drizzle it with olive oil, sea salt, and pepper and use your hands to coat all of the squash. Roast the squash in a 400-degree oven for 20-30 minutes or until fork tender.
- Chop an onion and add it to a warm skillet with a tsp olive oil. Cook until translucent, then add a tsp of garlic. Cook for 1 more minute. Add the onion mixture and the cooked squash to a blender. I filled it to the
- Fill the blender to the one-liter mark with 1/2 chicken broth and 1/2 vegetable broth. You can eyeball the amount here :) Also to the blender, add 1 tsp pure maple syrup, 3/4 tsp of nutmeg, and 1/8 tsp of cayenne pepper. Blend until smooth. Add mixture to a saucepan and heat.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper (I used a pinch of sea salt and a couple grinds of the pepper). For the super smooth consistency, add 1/4 cup Greek yogurt to your soup. Heat through and serve!
I love topping it with this asiago cheese crisps, but something sweet on top, like apple chips, would be great too!
Don't forget to connect with me on Facebook!