I have worked with hundreds of clients on their nutrition and fitness over the past 4+ years. During this time I've noticed some things that are common among the clients who are successful at reaching their goals and I wanted to chat through some of those things today.
Common Characteristics of Successful Clients:
- They keep it simple:
- Clients who don't obsess over specifics do better! Why? Because the success isn't really in the details, but in the BIG PICTURE, right? An extra tsp of honey in your coffee isn't going to make or break you. Having your protein shake an hour later than you want won't make a difference. Keep the big picture and mind and work on the details once you get the main ideas down. Like writing an essay!
- They have a long-term mentality
- When clients come to me with a quick goal of losing weight for an event and they are so super focused on that, they might achieve their results, yes, but they often don't sustain this long-term. This is because their focus is on the number on the scale instead of all the ways their HEALTH is improving. It's super important to focus on how you FEEL during my program because that is what will keep you moving forward beyond our time together. When you focus on improving your health, the weight will almost always follow suit.
- They are coachable
- During my IF You Carb Cycle program, I ask my clients to do some tough things! I ask them to remove pop, sugary drinks, artificial foods, bread and pasta from their diet. I ask them to complete one 24-hour fast. And a lot of other things that they might not have done before. It's not easy! But it IS simple. The clients who follow my lead and trust me and the process do better long-term. If you come into the program already talking about what you CAN'T or WON'T do, your chance for success is much less than those who say, "Tell me what to do and I'll do it!"
- They have support systems in place
- It's much easier to be successful when you have an accountability system (that's me!), a plan in place, a support system at home, and a fully stocked refrigerator. Yes, I lay out the details for you in my program, and I'm there cheering you on the whole way, but clients who put their own support systems in place at home are more successful. That means taking ownership over your situation and setting yourself up to be as successful as possible. When we are prepared, organized, and go in with a plan, we can do better!
If you are interested in trying on this lifestyle of carb cycling and intermittent fasting, the next round of IF You Carb Cycle will start again on October 2nd! I'd love to take your hand, show you the plan, and help you achieve your goals! XO